If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe beat mine in a pie baking contest sponsored by Whole Foods (I placed second.) After I tasted it, I had no misgivings about losing. - katylua
Makes 1 x 9" pie
Crust & Filling
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely ground
- 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon ice water (or more, if needed)
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 1-1/4 cups lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- Put almonds and confectioner's sugar in a food processor, and puree.
- Add the flour (1 cup) and salt. Pulse to mix.
- Add butter, and pulse until the mixture starts to hold together. Add ice water, if needed, so crust starts to form a ball.
- Remove dough from food processor, and press into the bottom and sides of a 9" pie plate.
- Chill crust in fridge while making the filling. Preheat the oven to 300 degress F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar.
- Add the lemon zest and juice. Stir.
- Sift flour (1/2 cup) over the lemon-egg mixture. Stir until all mixed in. Try to avoid any lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the chilled pie crust, and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until set. Remove from oven when done, and cool on a wire rack.
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 3-4 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan, heat raspberries, honey and lemon juice over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Skim off pink foam and discard.
- Lower heat to low. Add extract. Continue cooking until mixture thickens (about 5-10 minutes).
- Remove from heat, and stir in cinnamon. Let cool for 15-20 minutes, and then spread on top of the pie.
- Serve & enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.