If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is such an easy dish, delicious dessert. I like to serve it for special guests. - SLD —SLD
Food52 Review: These custard cups are the brilliant lovechild of raspberry cheesecake and crème brulée. You fold tangy cream cheese into an egg and flour-enriched custard, which is then studded with plump whole raspberries and covered in a cap of rich brown sugar. SLD has you brulée the custard and then sprinkle the sugar on top; we found that popping the ramekins back into the oven for a few minutes gave us that crisp shell we craved, but the choice is yours -- they're silky and delicious either way. -A&M —The Editors
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces
- 2 cups fresh Raspberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, egg, flour and cornstarch. Mix Well.
- Add the milk and vanilla. Stir well with a wire whisk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the custard thickens. Pour into a bowl.
- Add the cream cheese. Stir for two minutes, or until the cheese melts. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until the custard cools.
- Preheat the broiler. Pour the custard into six custard cups set on a baking sheet. Press the berries into the custard. Broil four inches from the heat for two minutes, or until the custard is golden in color.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar. Set aside for one to two minutes, or until the sugar melts. Alternately, if you want the sugar to brulée, put them back under the broiler briefly. Be sure to watch them carefully and pull them out when the sugar is bubbly but before it burns.
- Your Best Raspberries Contest Winner!
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
DIY Nutter Butters.
We give it 8 tentacles up.