If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple and yummy cake to enjoy any time of the day! Raspberries have been on sale lately so I found myself with more containers than I knew what to do with in the fridge. I whipped this up as a simple weeknight cake. I love the blend of cardamom, raspberries and a touch of almond flavoring. - There'sAlwaysPie
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter - 1/2 stick
- 2/3 cups Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon Almond flavoring
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup Raspberries - fresh or defrosted - lightly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and butter and flour a 9" cake pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom and salt in a bowl
- In a seperate bowl beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in egg, vanilla and almond flavoring.
- Gradually add 1/3 of the dry mixture into the wet and mix. Then add in 1/2 of the yogurt and mix, followed by 1/3 of the dry and then the other half of the yogurt. Finally add in the last of the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spread batter into cake pan and then sprinkle raspberries over the top and lightly press into the batter. Sprinkle brown sugar across the top.
- Bake until golden and tester comes out clean - about 25 - 30 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Slice and garnish with a little bit of fresh whip cream!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries