If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In honor of Celiac Awareness Month (March), I adapted a few recipes to make a gluten free nutritious muffin, that was not only nutritious but tasted delightful also. The addition of yogurt made this muffin super moist, while the flaxseed added a slightly nutty flavor. In the end the muffins were devoured in seconds and no one had a clue they were gluten free! - AngelMaree
- 1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed
- 2 cups Rice Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Turbinado Sugar
- 1 cup Milk (or plain almond milk)
- 1/2 cup Yogurt, plain
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Lemon Zest from 1 & 1/2 lemons
- 1 cup Raspberries, frozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl: Mix together ground flaxseed, rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl: Cream together the turbinado sugar and butter, for about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add brown sugar and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Add eggs and mix for 1 minute.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients, yogurt and milk, 1/3 of each separately. Do not over mix.
- Add lemon zest and raspberries. Fold these in very gently to ensure raspberries do not bleed.
- Quickly, yet gently, fill cupcake liners or a greased muffin pan to 3/4 full. I sprinkle the tops with sugar and lemon zest.
- Bake for 12 - 14 minutes depending on your oven. Tops should turn a golden brown and an inserted toothpick should come out slightly moist.
- Place on a rack to cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries