If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It took three versions of this to rise to my standards. The idea came from a recipe last summer in "Cooking Light" but Ina Garten's recipe for Pineapple Margaritas firmed up my idea. Kelsey,The Naptime Chef offers a recipe that calls for sieving the pureed watermelon.
I was good to go. Beware, these are potent and I made a spectacular cut to my right palm as I carved the grilled pork tenderloin. My friend, Jan, was non-plussed and wiped up the blood as I served. - Lizthechef
Serves 8, generously
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 fresh organic lime
- 6-8 cups cut and cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups white tequila
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 1 cup Cointreau
- small lime wedges and watermelon balls (optional)
- Pour the 1 tablespoon of sugar into a wide saucer or small plate. Rub the rims of 4 martini glasses with half a lime. Swirl them into the sugar to coat the glasses. Freeze the glasses.
- Using a food processor, puree the watermelon.
- Sieve the pureed watermelon. You need 2 cups of pureed watermelon.
- In a large pitcher, combine the tequila, lime juice, Triple Sec and Cointreau. Stir in the watermelon puree.
- Sir and chill for several hours.
- Shake in portions in a cocktail shaker half-loaded with ice.
- Pour into chilled glasses. Garnish, if you wish, with toothpicks loaded with small lime wedges and watermelon balls. Serve at once.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls