If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I actually came up with this recipe while preparing another recipe I submitted 'Tangy Brussels Sprout Chips.' While sampling the raw sprout leaves that had been tossed in oil and lemon juice, I thought "These would be amazing uncooked, tossed with fruit & nuts! Thus, Fresh & Fruity Brussels Sprout Salad was born! —Loves Food Loves to Eat
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 1 Granny Smith Apple- diced
- 1 carrot- peeled and grated
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan
- course ground salt and pepper
- Cut off Brussels stems, halve sprouts, and separate each layer. (For middles that wont' separate: set asidefor separate use, or dice fineor shred and add to salad)
- Toss sprout leaves, thinly diced apple, grated carrot, chopped toasted pecans, cranberries, and parmesan together in a bowl.
- Mix together salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice
- Add dressing mixture to salad and toss to coat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts
How to Eat Cookies for Breakfast
Well, cookie butter that is
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
The sauce savior.
Put cake on a pedestal.