Author Notes: Recipe Source:
http://chicken.recipes-network.net/barbecue_chicken_pizza.html - 1stPlaceRecipes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 small skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce
- 1 (11-inch) pizza crust (14 oz. package)
- 1/2 cup grated smoked Gouda
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Warm oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, 5 to 6 minutes per side, until just cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Toss chicken with 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce in a bowl.
- Position a rack in bottom of oven and preheat to 450°F. Place pizza crust on a large baking sheet and spread with remaining 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with half of both cheeses, arrange chicken on top, and then add remaining cheese and onion.
- Bake until cheese is melted and golden brown, 20 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro, cut into slices and serve hot.