If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Brussel sprouts and kimchi may seem like an unliky combination, but opposites attract! The woodsy, mellow flavor of brussel sprouts is the perfect foil to kimchi's pumgent fire, especially when roasted to crisp perfection and dressed with sesame oil. For me, this is best served over brown rice. —MJ Lentz
- 1 pound brussel sprouts, halved
- 1 splash olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1.5 cups kimchi
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss the brussel sprouts in the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour the sprouts onto a cookie sheet with a raised edge and roast for 20 minutes, turning the sprouts at least once to ensure they are evenly browned. Raise oven temp to 450 and pour the kimchi over the sprouts. Mix.
- Continue roasting and turning the sprouts until the outsides are crisp but the insides are tender. The kimchi will crisp up, too.
- Garnish with sesame oil and more salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts
Keep It Bubbly
Stretch the sparkle in your sparkling wine
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Transform the humble shoebox.
Get your shine on.