If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It’s amazing how much inspiration one recipe is able to give somebody who likes to experiment.
This cocktail is my makeover of a recipe for Strawberry Daiquiri Sorbet.
Since I don’t have an ice cream maker (just because my kitchen is too small for all the equipment I would like to own), I try what ever comes to my mined.
I also made this cocktail with strawberries, peaches, blood oranges, watermelon and also with mixed berries.
- • 1 1/2 cups water
- • 1 cup sugar
- • 4-pints fresh raspberries or frozen, unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- • 1/3 dark rum
- • 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- • 2 tablespoons triple sec or other orange liqueur
- • Ice cubs for Cocktail Shaker
- • 1 lime thinly sliced for garnish
- Stir water and sugar in medium saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves and syrup comes to simmer. Remove from heat and cool.
- Puree raspberries in processor or blender. Strain into medium bowl pressing with robber spatula or wooden spoon to extract as much juice as you can. Discard the seeds.
- Mix in rum, lime juice, triple sec and syrup into raspberry puree. Chill until cold.
- Fill Cocktail Shaker with 3/4 cup ice cubes, pour 1 cup of Raspberry Daiquiri mix, cover and shake for about 30 seconds. Strain through cocktail strainer into glass, garnish with lime slice, and serve immediately.
- Make 1 cocktail at a time. Keep rum and orange liqueur on your serving tray to add a splash or two if any of your guest desire.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries