If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Creme brulee is a year 'round favorite dessert. In the Summer I make a version that utilizes the fresh raspberry preserves that I can each year. I layer the ramekin with a little chocolate and some red raspberry preserves and then the creme brulee that is topped with a crunchy caramelized crust. - dymnyno
- 2 cups red raspberries
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 whole eggs
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup organic brown rice syrup
- 6 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 heaping teaspoon of sugar for each ramekin for the crust
- 1 plus ounces of semisweet chocolate chips(enough to cover the bottom of each ramekin)
- For the Preserves: Put the sugar and the raspberries and lemon juice in a heavy bottomed pot over high heat.
- Mix the raspberries and sugar thoroughly. Bring to a boil , then reduce the heat and cook until the thermometer reads 220F
- Creme Brulee: In a large saucepan, bring the cream almost to a boil. (scald)
- In a large bowl, whisk the whole eggs, egg yolks, vanilla and brown rice syrup together.
- Gradually add the hot cream to the egg mixture. (temper)
- Cover the bottom of each ramekin with melted chocolate chips or melted block chocolate. Pour just a bit into each ramekin and refrigerate until hardened.
- Put a teaspoon (or more) of raspberry preserves on top of the chocolate.
- Pour the custard into the ramekins and put the ramekins in a shallow baking pan with enough hot water to reach half way up the sides of the ramekins and bake in a 300 degree oven for about 35 minutes, until the custard is set. Remove and refrigerate until time to serve.
- To finish: Sprinkle a heaping teaspoon of white granulated sugar on top of each custard and heat with a blowtorch until they are all caramelized.
- Garnish with a raspberry.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls