If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love Brussel Sprouts; however, throughout the years, if I wanted to fix them, I'd have to do it when eating alone. So one day I decided not to tell any of my dinner guests what I was going to make as a salad. I decided to come up with a different way of presenting Brussel Sprouts and fix them totally different. Well, I came up with this recipe prior to inviting them and tried it on myself first. I fell in love with this salad. I was delighted to find that everyone loved them as well. It was then that I knew I had come up with a pretty good recipe for such a hated vegetable! This is a very simple recipe and takes no time to make. —nonchefnick
- 6 Thick slices of plain bacon
- 12 Large heads of Brussel Sprouts
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Cut the stem of each sprout so that you can loosen up each leaf carefully.
- Once you can remove the leaf, cut the bottom off a little bit more. Continue until you're left with a sprout that's about 3/4 inch in diameter. Save the unused sprout part for a future dish.
- Rinse leaves in cold water and set aside.
- Slice bacon into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a 10 inch saute pan, spray cooking spray at the bottom and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Heat over medium high heat.
- Saute bacon until browned but not to a crisp. Drain and set on a paper towel. Clean pan.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the 10 inch pan on medium high heat.
- Quickly saute Brussel Sprout leaves for a couple of minutes or until they become semi wilted. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and drain out excess oil. Set in large bowl.
- Add the bacon to the bowl and toss with a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Serve lukewarm. Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.