If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I found out the theme of this weeks contest, I send my husband to the Farmers market to buy fresh raspberries. He came back with such an enormous amount that I had to use them up and even freeze some.
Here is a recipe for Raspberry Mousse and one way of using it.
The mousse is creamy and airy and you can rely on it all season long.
For the Mousse:
- • 1tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- • 1pint fresh raspberries or 12 ounces frozen, unsweetened raspberries thawed, pureed, and strained (1 cup)
- • 3 tablespoons liqueur, such as Framboise (optional)
- • 1 1/2 cup heavy cream , chilled
For the Charlotte:Makes 4 6-inches in diameter serving dishes
- • 1 Chocolate Jelly Roll Cake, cut into 8 equal slices about 1-inch thick
- • 1pint fresh raspberries
- • 3/4 cup chocolate Ganache
- To make mousse: Combine gelatin and 1/4 cup cold water in a small saucepan; let stand to bloom gelatin, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup hot water, lemon juice, sugar, and salt; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar and gelatin dissolves.
- Stir in berry puree and liqueur; refrigerate or set in ice-water bath, whisking occasionally, until mixture thickens. Whip chilled cream to firm peaks; fold into mousse.
- To assemble the Charlotte: Place 1 slice of the cake in a 6-inches diameter serving dish. Spoon 4 tablespoons mousse on cake slice, cover top with a few fresh raspberries.
- Place second cake slice on top and spoon 4 tablespoons mousse on top, garnish with few more raspberries.
- Repeat the same steps to assemble three more portions. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Make a Chocolate Ganache for the top decoration. In a sauce pan, bring to a simmer 3/4 cup whole milk and 2 tablespoons sugar to simmer. Pour over 8 ounces of bittersweet chocolate (chopped) and 1 teaspoon of Instant coffee, mix until smooth and shiny. Steer in 2 tablespoons of cold butter and 1 tablespoon of Framboise or orange liqueur.
- Drizzle on top and return to refrigerator until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.