Author Notes: Great Bread within one hour! This recipe is beginners proof. - Janneke Verheij
- 1 bottle Hertog Jan Beer (or another natural beer)
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 tablespoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1-2 tablespoon sun flower seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 cl water
- Preheat the oven to 190C/ 375F. Grease a baking tin with butter.
- Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sun flower seeds in a bowl. Make a well and mix in the honey and the beer, combine everything together. Possibly the mixture is quiet thick, add up to 10 cl of water to make a nice batter.
- Pour the mixture in the baking tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes. Let it cool down on a rack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best (Savory) Yeast Bread