If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my take on a pina colada. I made this drink with more lime than pineapple and used unsweetened coconut milk and lime simple syrup so that I can control the sweetness. I also did not use crushed ice I find it waters it down so instead I froze the coconut lime mixture in an ice cube tray. The cubes are solid but easy to break up in the blender. The result is a slushy coconut lime and pineapple drink that is so refreshing. You can add as much rum as you like or make it virgin, it's equally as delicious. One other cool thing about this drink is that because the drink base is frozen in ice cube trays you can make 1 or more and leave the rest in the freezer for use later on. Remove the cubes place in freezer bag and store in the freezer. - sdebrango - sdebrango
Food52 Review: Ever make your own ice cubes out of coconut milk, lime juice and simple syrup? Try this refreshing and creamy Coco-Lime Slushy with a touch of rum and pineapple juice. Your garnishes will really pop against this bright white drink. - broccolirose - broccolirose
Lime Simple Syrup
- 1 Lime peel removed (Use the peeled lime for the drink base)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- In saucepan add sugar and water, bring to a boil let boil for approximately 2 minutes until sugar is completely dissolved take off heat, add lime peel. Cover and let sit until cool. Remove the lime peel. Store in jar in refrigerator.
- 1 13.5 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 Lime peeled and all of the pith removed and quartered (Use the lime you used for the simple syrup)
- 4-6 tablespoons Lime simple syrup
- 2 -3 ounces Pineapple juice (unsweetened) Start with two and if you need a little more liquid to break up cubes in blender add another ounce.
- 1 ounce Rum (Add more if you like it stronger)
- To your food processor add the quartered lime and coconut milk. Process until lime is pulverized. Strain into measuring cup.Add 4-6 tbs of the lime simple syrup. (Adjust the sweetness to suite your taste. Pour into ice cube tray and freeze.
- When coconut lime is frozen remove from ice cube tray, place in blender (depending on the proficiency of your blender you may want to break up the cubes) add pineapple juice and rum and blend until the cubes are broken up and it's a slushy consistency. Pour and serve. Garnish with lime and pineapple.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail