If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Watermelon was an exotic fruit in Denmark when I grew up in the 60'es.
A coworker and I talked about that the other day, and he mentioned a strip in the weekly Donald Duck magazine that had fascinated him:
Huey, Dewey, and Louie getting dressed in raincoats to share a watermelon.
In honor of that image, I created this cocktail.
- 1/2 watermelon
- 4 ounces maple sirup
- 2 ounces lime juice freshly squeezed
Huey, Dewey, and Louie
- 3 ounces Absolute vanilla vodka
- 1,5 ounces Campari
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
- 3 sprigs fresh lavender
- 4 ounces Watermelon cordial
- First make the cordial by cutting half a watermelon in chunks - no skin - and liquidize it with your blender. Strain and mix with maple syrup and lime juice.
- In the bottom of a tall glass put the flowers from two lavender sprigs, the sugar and the grapefruit juice. Muddle.
- Add crushed ice to glass and then the vodka and the Campari. Stir well.
- Top cocktail with the watermelon juice. Garnish with chunk of grapefruit and lavender sprig.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.