This healthy quinoa dish brings together classic flavor combinations like carrots with ginger and coconut with shrimp. - MyFareFoodie
- Olive oil
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup Grated carrots
- 1/4 cup Diced onion
- 1 teaspoon Grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Minced garlic
- 10 Peeled and deveined shrimp
- splashes Fresh lime juice
- Cilantro for garnish
- Cook quinoa and stock according to package's directions. Meanwhile, toast coconut flakes in a pan, and set aside.
- Coat the pan in olive oil and sauté carrots and onions until tender. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for just about a minute. Set aside with the toasted coconut flakes.
- In the same pan, sauté the shrimp until browned.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, toss with coconut flakes, carrots, onions, ginger, and garlic. Add minced cilantro and a splash of fresh lime juice. Top with the shrimp and enjoy!