If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my favorite summer activities is when my cousin and I spend a whole weekend day doing some combination of tennis, yoga, laying by her pool, and going out to dinner. Although I don't usually like beer, we always have Bud Light Lime by the pool, and I totally love it. This is my spin on our poolside drink, which will always make me think of our summer fundays. - VanessaS —VanessaS
Food52 Review: Crisp and light, bright and bitter ... beer and booze? Yep. This cocktail cures heatstroke, pool or no pool. It tastes like a fine summer day in the Yucatan. After tasting, you'll want to spike your suds from now on! Add a frosted mug and floaties for maximum effect. - laurenewe —laurenewe
- 1 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons orange liquer
- 2 bottles of light beer (I use Pacifico)
- Combine the ginger, water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stir until all the sugar dissolves, and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Pour the mixture into a glass, ginger and all, and place in the refrigerator until cool.
- When the ginger syrup is cool, strain it and divide it between two large glasses. Into each glass, add the juice of 1 lime and 1 tablespoon of orange liquer. Fill each glass with a bottle of beer and stir. On a really hot day, add ice before taking it outside to the pool and enjoying.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
More Great Recipes: Boozy Drinks