If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In some circles, the pina colada is a kitschy umbrella drink. Granted, it is not a cocktail you would order just anywhere, but in the appropriate environment, a frozen pina colada is just the thing. It is a boat drink; a perfect cocktail to enjoy on a catamaran in the Caribbean, a beach bar in Zihuatanejo, or by a pool in the summer Anywhere It's Hot, USA.
This pina colada is a classic combination of coconut cream, pineapple, light and dark rum. Chilled mango puree is swirled into the pina colada after it has been poured. It is a little something extra in an already refreshing drink. - Waverly - Waverly
Food52 Review: A great version of a pina colada with a fruity twist. Blend up your mango puree, then add your pina colada mixture and pour into a glass. You can skip the extra rum at the end since both light and dark rums go in at the beginning, but if you like things strong, then top it off. - broccolirose - broccolirose
- 1 1/2 cup Ice cubes
- 1/2 cup Frozen diced pineapple
- 2 ounces Pineapple juice
- 2 ounces Coconut cream like Coco Lopez (not coconut milk)
- 1 1/2 ounce Light rum
- 1 1/2 ounce Dark rum, plus a dash more for the top
- 1 Ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Fresh lime juice
- Pineapple slices for garnish
- MAKE PUREE: In a blender, combine mango, sugar, lime juice and 2 Tbsp water. Blend until thick and smooth. Chill.
- BLEND PINA COLADA: Place ice, frozen pineapple, pineapple juice, coconut cream, and both rums. Blend until smooth. Pour into glass.
- SERVE: Pour pina colada into 1 or 2 glasses. Spoon 1-2 Tbsp of the puree into the center. Top with a dash more of dark rum and then place a slice of pineapple on the rim of the glass. Enjoy.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail