Author Notes: This cocktail is a favorite of mine for a summer time dinner party.
It is a variation of a traditional Chocolate Black Russian cocktail which is made with vodka and Kahlua coffee liqueur. I like the combination of coffee and chocolate with orange that is why I use Grand Marnier liqueur.
Adding the Irish Sheridan’s Coffee Layered liquor gives this Dessert Drink a real cocktail quality, and the ice cream in the same time mellows out the edge. Enjoy!!!
- 2 cups strong, brewed espresso, strained and chilled
- 6 oz Grand Marnier liqueur
- 8 oz Irish Sheridan’s Coffee Layered or Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 40 oz chocolate ice cream
- Combine all ingredients in an electric blender and blend for a short time. Pour into a chilled champagne flute and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail