Author Notes: In defense of milk for adults. But in a cocktail? Why ever not I ask? Hear me out. See milk, when combined with coconut-rum liqueur and strawberry sorbet (for coolness and refreshment) turns into luscious cold drinkable cream, sliding down throats parched with thirst. Because not even a dipping pool inches away can wet throats....parched with thirst. You could always reverse the proportions - more liqueur, less milk.
I'm not suggesting with this recipe that you go out and buy strawberries and lemon to make 'The River Café' Strawberry and Lemon sorbet. But if you do, then you'll be able to bring this recipe together in a snap. If you don't, blitz frozen strawberries with lemon and sugar, to taste. Easy peasy.
Then all you'll have to do is scoop, pour, watch float, stir and drink. With a straw. On the couch or by the pool side. Take your pick.
Malibu, Baileys and other milky liqueurs are game. - Kitchen Butterfly
Makes 2 cocktails or 6 minis
- 1 cup cold (half-fat) fresh milk
- 1/2 cup Tiburon Tropical rum flavoured batida's
- Strawberry and lemon sorbet (I used the River Café sorbet)
- Set two regular cocktail glasses, or several smaller glasses, with 125ml capacity, pictured. Place small scoops of sorbet into the glasses.
- Combine the milk and the Tiburon liqueur and pour into the glasses (with the sorbet). Watch float :-), without the classic bubbles of the famous root-beer float.
- Top with a touch more sorbet, placed in centre. Serve with straws.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail