Author Notes: Pretty much any bar you walk into in the Virgin Islands (US or British) makes a version of the Bushwhacker. I made a mission over several trips to try as many as possible and then grill the bartenders as to what they put in theirs - then I set out to make my ultimate version ... and here it is! OK now I am going to tell you this and you probably won't listen - hell, I don't listen to my own self half the time - but you only need to drink ONE. You're gonna be all - yum, milkshake! Delicious! And then think that 2 or 3 is an excellent idea ... just don't come crying to me the next day with your sore thumping head ... I warned you! (maybe we need a hangover breakfast theme?) - aargersi
Serves 1 blender full
- 1/4 cup Coco Lopez
- 3/4 cups coconut milk (not low fat - this isn't going to do your diet any favors but you are only going to drink one anyway, right?)
- 3 shots white rum
- 3 shots Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 shot Creme de Cacao
- 1 shot Amaretto
- chocolate syrup
- fresh ground nutmeg
- Put the glasses that you are going to drink out of in the freezer.
- Put all of the booze and stuff in the blender then fill it the rest of the way with ice (not the chocolate syrup or the nutmeg) (mine is a 9 cup blender). Blend the hell out of it.
- Get the glass and tilt it sideways, then turn slowly while you drizzle the chocolate down the sides. Be generous (only ONE, right?)
- Fill 'er up with Bushwhacker, then grate some nutmeg on top.
- Extra points if you can drink while bobbing on a noodle in the pool!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail