Author Notes: This is what happens when an Italian guy goes to a frat party in Paris. Maybe. Or something like that. - aargersi - aargersi
Food52 Review: This recipe was dangerously tasty. The still-effervescent prosecco base combined with the sweetness of the liquor and agave was perfectly balanced and borderline addictive. My tasting companion and I went through a of bowlful each before we remembered this was adult jello. The finished jello is quite pretty, and would be a great party drink. I found that the jello was best straight out of the fridge; it lost its firmness pretty quickly (especially in a hot apartment!). - kate - kate
Serves well that really depends on how much you like to share now, doesn't it?
- 1 bottle prosecco
- 3 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/4 cup Creme de Cassis
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Sprinkle the gelatin over 1/2 cup if the prosecco.
- Bring 1 cup of prosecco to a simmer with the lemon and agave.
- Mix the gelatin mixture with the hot prosecco. Put that in a bowl, then mix in the cassis and the rest of the prosecco. Put it in the fridge to set for about 3 hours.
- Put a toga over your swimsuit, scoop some jello into a festive glass, and party on!