If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The combination of cucumber, lime and mint is so refreshing -- it just feels like summer. I also love this drink because it can handle a lot of ice, and actually tastes better as the ice melts a bit. That makes it perfect for poolside. - Cfrancke - Cfrancke
Food52 Review: While shaking the ingredients for the Cucumber Cooler, suddenly there was most delicious and refreshing smell. After all, doesn’t anything with cucumber, mint, and lime smell good? Add in a splash of gin, and you’re golden. Cfranke’s cucumber cooler does not disappoint. The drink was refreshing, and with the ingredients being fairly wholesome, I liked to think that I was drinking some type of spa water. Spiked spa water, that is (although I consider Hendrick’s to be a health food). My companion and I delighted in these coolers at a humidity-filled Sunday brunch. It's perfect for drinking beside the pool or any large body of water! - cbear1984 - cbear1984
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into 3 large chunks
- 2 ounces fresh squeezed lime juice
- 4 sprigs mint, leaves removed (about 10-15 leaves))
- 1 1/4 ounces light agave nectar (or simple syrup)
- 3 ounces Hendricks gin
- splashes soda water
- Take 1 of the large cucumber chunks and cut into slightly smaller pieces. Put in cocktail shaker.
- Add mint, lime juice and agave nectar to shaker
- Muddle well, pressing down on the cucumber to really extract all the good flavor and liquid. Really grind down on the mint to get as much flavor as possible
- Add gin
- Fill shaker with ice and shake drink. (This is best done with a shaker with a glass attachment because you want some of the bits of muddled cucumber to come through into the drink and a regular shaker wont let you do that). You can also toss it back and forth between a shaker and a large glass.
- Pour the drink into 2 large glasses (large plastic wine glasses feel so right :). Add additional ice and top with club soda.
- Sip away!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Bake yourself breakfast.
Calling all recipe testers!