If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These tofu tacos are a quick, easy, vegetarian meal and makes enough for dinner and lunch the next day. I keep an all-natural taco seasoning on hand to use in these but you can easily use your own blend of spices. They're versatile and can be jazzed up with olives, jalepenos, cheese, avocado, hot sauce or pico de gallo. This can also be just as tasty eaten on it's own or over brown rice. - thesinglebite
Makes 4 tacos
- 1/3 block of extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes (preferably with green chilis)
- 1/3 cup corn (if frozen thaw first)
- 2-3 teaspoons taco seasoning (preferably all-natural like Simply Organic)
- Salt to taste
- 4 corn tortillas
- Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes and add to a skillet coated with cooking spray. Cook tofu over medium heat until lightly browned. Flip as needed to cook evenly. Transfer to a small dish and set aside.
- Re-spray pan with cooking spray. Add green pepper and onion and saute a few minutes until onions are translucent. Add tofu, corn, tomatoes and taco seasoning. Stir to combine everything and use spatula to break up tofu into smaller pieces. Cook for a 3-5 minutes or until extra liquid from the tomatoes has cooked off. Fill tortillas and top as desired. Enjoy!
- Nutrition Info (2 tacos): 236 calories, 6g fat, 4g fiber, 12g protein *Note: Here are some tips on how to drain and press tofu as well as how to freeze and save the remainder of the block. I also like to freeze the rest of the tomatoes in small tupperware containers (about 4 ounce size) so that I have ready to use for future recipes.