If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One part delicate, one part tropical, and one part tiger, this fragrant drink surprises by leaving a spicy whisper on your palate. The slightly bitter kaffir lime picks up the sour edge of the sake, while sweet mango makes you want more. - gingerroot
Food52 Review: Gingerroots Tiger Lilly cocktail is a tropical treasure trove of flavor. I used a champagne mango which on it's own is delicious and when muddled with kaffir lime leaves and black pepper it is literally bursting with flavor, topping it off with sake, clementine soda and coconut water makes for a perfectly balanced and unbelievably delicious drink. Served ice cold on a very warm spring evening, it was the perfect before dinner drink. I will absolutely be making this again, probably by the pitcher. - sdebrango
Makes 1 drink
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon ripe or overripe mango (you want it to be a little mushy)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 ounces chilled sake (Junmai Gingo)
- 1 ounce sparkling Clementine soda (I used IZZE)
- 1/2 ounce coconut water (I used Zico)
- Stack 2 kaffir lime leaves and tear and fold to release oils.
- Muddle torn kaffir lime leaves, mango and black pepper in a cocktail shaker, until fragrant and mango is well smushed. Add 4-5 ice cubes. Pour in sake, sparkling Clementine soda and coconut water. Shake until well combined. Strain into a cocktail glass and top with a kaffir lime leaf. Enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls