Author Notes: On hot days one of my favorite things to eat is Cold Soba dipped in Tsuyu, a sauce made of 3/4 dashi broth and 1/4 reduced soy sauce and mirin. It's been a cold summer so far, so this had to become a soup instead.
Noodles should be added to each individual bowl to avoid them from overcooking in the broth. - driftingkitchen
- 3 cups Dashi
- 4 cups Mushroom-based Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Soy Sauce heated and cooled with 2 tbs of Mirin
- 2 bunches Soba Noodles
- 1 bunch Red Chard
- 3 Onions, sliced
- 6 Scallions
- 4 Soft boiled Eggs
- Bring dashi, vegetable broth and soy sauce mixture to a boil, letting them cook together for about 15 minutes
- Boil soba noodles separately, drain and rinse well in cold water.
- Once broths have cooked together, turn heat off and stir in chard and sliced onion.
- Plate the soup, adding noodles, an egg and scallion to each individual bowl.
- Add Sriracha as desired.