If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: On hot days one of my favorite things to eat is Cold Soba dipped in Tsuyu, a sauce made of 3/4 dashi broth and 1/4 reduced soy sauce and mirin. It's been a cold summer so far, so this had to become a soup instead.
Noodles should be added to each individual bowl to avoid them from overcooking in the broth. —driftingkitchen
- 3 cups Dashi
- 4 cups Mushroom-based Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Soy Sauce heated and cooled with 2 tbs of Mirin
- 2 bunches Soba Noodles
- 1 bunch Red Chard
- 3 Onions, sliced
- 6 Scallions
- 4 Soft boiled Eggs
- Bring dashi, vegetable broth and soy sauce mixture to a boil, letting them cook together for about 15 minutes
- Boil soba noodles separately, drain and rinse well in cold water.
- Once broths have cooked together, turn heat off and stir in chard and sliced onion.
- Plate the soup, adding noodles, an egg and scallion to each individual bowl.
- Add Sriracha as desired.
Dang Good Dough
Beaver tails might be the best fair food—ever
Meet beaver tails.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Oh, cluck yeah.
A better basket.