If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Earlier this year I experimented with a muddled gimlet and then martini. Here is an easy summer version where.... cucumber marries gin in an almond milk ceremony, with sake as the best man. You can make this with plain ice cubes if you don't have time to make the cucumber ones: that version is illustrated in the main photo. You can also make a virgin version, too, without the gin and sake. - Sagegreen
Cucumber ice cubes
- 2 cups unsweetended almond milk
- 4 teaspoons honey (acacia or linden) or raw agave nectar, to taste
- 1 ounce fresh lime (sweet lime recommended)
- 4 inch long peeled English cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1 fresh spearmint leaf, optional
- Add all the ingredients to a blender; process until smooth. Taste for sweetness; adjust if needed.
- Pour into a standard ice cube tray and freeze for 4-5 hours.
- 4 or 8 cucumber ice cubes, divided (4 for a short drink; 8 for tall)
- 2 or 4 ounces unsweetened almond milk (2 for short/4 for tall)
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice (sweet lime recommended)
- @1 inch of peeled English cucumber
- if you are using plain ice cubes then 1 tsp. honey (acacia or linden) or raw agave nectar
- 1.5 ounces Hendrick's gin
- .75 ounces unfiltered Nigori sake
- sprig of spearmint for garnish
- lemon grass leaves for stirrer and garnish, optional
- Place half the ice cubes in a blender with the other ingredients save the garnish. Process as you would a smoothie.
- Crack the other half of the ice cubes and load into a glass. Pour the blended drink over the cubes. Add the garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.