If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ever have those moments where you a bit of information flashes by your cognitive senses and disappears never to flash back again? & yet it leaves such a deep impression that you find yourself searching for it whenever the opportunity arises?
This idea stems from a clip on mixology I remember watching on Indian TV by India's foremost female mixologist Shatbi Basu. While the details of the clip are fuzzy, what remains crystal clear are the ingredients she used, fennel seeds, ginger & fresh Sugarcane juice, While the last ingredient is not really easy to obtain (unless you're in the vicinity of Union square in New York City where there is a juice bar that crushes this fresh while you wait), The canned variety makes for a wonderful substitute. —Panfusine
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 thick slice lemon cut into pieces, rind and all
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger root
- 5-6 fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon brown cane sugar
- 30 milliliters Bacardi light rum
- 4 ounces chilled sugar cane juice
- Ice as required
- Combine the fennel, lemon, ginger,Thai basil leaves and sugar. Muddle well.
- Add the rum, sugar cane juice and ice into a cocktail shaker along with the muddled mix and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled glass & garnish with a sprig of thai basil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
Yes, You (Beer) Can
The trials, tribulations, and success of a tricky chicken
The invincible beer can chicken.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.