If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by the Sweet Tea Slush recipe I tested a few weeks ago and by my love of Moroccan Mint tea, made with green tea, fresh mint, and sugar. I have been enjoyed this over ice, and adding some lime to give it a little zip. This slush version is not too sweet but you can adjust it to be as sweet or as tart as you like. I made the tea strong so you can blend it with regular ice cubes which dilutes the intensity but gives it a wonderful refreshing slushy effect. I added some fresh mint at the end for the fresh taste and the added speckles of green.The addition of ginger liqueur gives a nice spike but the non-alcoholic version is also great as is. - JoanG
- 2 tablespoons loose green tea
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 organic lime
- 4 cups cold filtered or spring water
- 1/3 cup organic cane surgar
- 4 ounces ginger liqueur (e.g, Canton) optional
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 4 slices of lime for garnish
- Remove the rind from the line in a few big strips. Juice the lime.
- Put the tea, mint leaves, and lime peel in a 6-8 cup French press or in an infusion basket in a large teapot. Boil the water and pour into the teapot. Let step about 10 minutes
- Plunge the French press or remove the infusion basket from the teapot. Stir in the sugar and lime juice. Taste and add more sugar if desired. Cool in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, pour half of the tea mixture into a blender. Add 2 ounces of the liqueur. Add 8-10 ice cubes. Add a half of the extra mint leaves and blend until slushy.
- Pour into 2 glasses, add straws, and garnish with a slice of lime, if desired. Repeat for 2 more servings. Sip, slurp, and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
Genius, explained at last.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
Books We Love
My New Roots, by Sarah Britton
White and Gray Ceramic Vase
For fresh blooms.