If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had my first baby in April 2011 and was given a pamphlet about cookies that supposedly increase a mom's milk supply. I checked it out and they are just cookies with a few healthy ingredients. Merrill's recipe for "Crispy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies" is one of my favorite cookie recipes so I decided to try a few healthy modifications... here is where I am so far! - alexmr
Makes 4 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brewers yeast
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup salted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 cups oats
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flax seed and water in a small dish and set aside
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients and set aside. (flour, quinoa flour, spices, baking soda, brewers yeast and salt). I grind regular quinoa in my coffee grinder until fine.
- Cream the sugars and butter. After they are well combined and soft add the flax seed mixture, egg and vanilla. Beat well.
- Fold in the dry ingredients being careful not to over mix.
- Add the chocolate chips and oats. Fold gently until well distributed.
- Using a tablespoon scoop the batter onto a cookie sheet and use fingers flatten and shape. I find that, with the flax seed mixture replacing some of the butter, the cookies tend to crumble if not well formed before cooking. Cook for 10-12 minutes until edges are golden brown. My mom has always used a brown paper bag ( cut so that it is a long sheet) as a cooling rack. This is nice because it absorbs some of the grease ;).
Chop to It
Salad with one rule: chop it real good.
Let's get chopping.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
Rock the roast.
This is poppin'.