If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Enjoy this with someone who shares your love of travel and while away the hours with refreshing sips and leisurely conversation about the fundamental differences between Ibiza and Capri… —checker
- 1 mango nectarine, or half of one mango
- ¼ of a large ruby grapefruit
- 1 cup pitted sweet cherries
- 3-4 large fresh lemon verbena leaves
- 1-2 teaspoons shaved jaggery, or the same of evaporated cane juice
- juice of half a lemon
- juice of half a lime
- ½ cup Triple Sec
- 2 cups seltzer
- 1 bottle of good rosé
- small fresh lemon verbena leaves, for garnish
- Slice the nectarine into wedges and the grapefruit into triangles. In a large pitcher, combine this with the pitted cherries and the lemon verbena leaves.
- Shave many curls of jaggery over this (a little less than 2 teaspoons) and give the fruit a stir to coat.
- Add the lemon and lime juice and stir again.
- Add the Triple Sec, the seltzer and the wine, and stir until well blended.
- Allow this to sit in the fridge for a few hours, stirring occasionally and testing the taste, for good measure.
- Serve over ice, with several pieces of fruit in each glass and a lemon verbena leaf to garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.