If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used to order cherry rickeys by the liter; the contents of a paper cup with a straw from a fast food chain in Utah called Arctic Circle. I didn't know of anywhere else to get them, but all I knew was that I was fond of the tang of sprite with a bunch of lime swirled with grenadine. I don't take them so sweet anymore, but I do like them malty, mapley, and fizzy. —Brenna
- 2 ounces Your choice gin, bourbon, or rye
- 3 ounces Tart cherry juice
- 1 tablespoon Good quality Maple Syrup
- 4 ounces Sparkling Water
- 1/2 a lime, cut into wedges
- dashes Angostura bitters
- Fill a tall pint glass with as much ice, crushed or cubed, as it will fit.
- Pour spirit of choice, cherry juice, and maple over ice. Stir.
- Slowly pour sparkling water over the juice mixture (make sure it doesn't get too foamy).
- Squeeze in juice from the lime wedges, adding the shells to the glass as you go, then dash with bitters.
- Give one last easy stir. Enjoy in the sun.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail