If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: inspired by a pre-dinner cocktail I had at a Four Coursemen dinner in Athens, GA...this cocktail is so summery, light and nice because it's flavorful while still being relatively low in alcohol. It's a gourmet wine spritzer, sort of! Prickly pear syrup is surprisingly easy to find at most liquor stores or gourmet shops. —runwithtweezers
- 1/2 ounce blood orange bitters
- 3/4 ounce prickly pear syrup
- 8 ounces cold vinho verde
- 1-2 sprigs basil sprigs or flowers, mint sprigs, lemon thyme or lemon verbena, for garnish
- Fill an oversized highball glass or stemless wine glass with 8 to 10 ice cubes.
- Pour in blood orange bitters then prickly pear syrup. Top with Vinho Verde.
- If you want to leave the drink slightly "layered", do not mix. Otherwise, gently stir together.
- Garnish & serve immediately…although I will say this drink is delicious when it gets super chilly and sits for a minute – no need to chug it!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.