Author Notes: This cocktail was served at my wedding when I married in Antigua, Guatemala. It was my signature drink at the wedding and my showers. I love it because its sweet, while tart with a kick of heat because of the chili rimmed glass. I use the best possible vodka and use tamarind concentrate rather than store bought nectar or juice which are usually too sweet. Salud! - mpittsm
- 1 ounce tamarind concentrate
- 4 ounces cold water
- 2 ounces vodka
- 6 tablespoons Tajin (mixture of chili powder and sugar)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a martini shaker add the tamarind concentrate, water, vodka, and ice. Shake until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Rim a martini glass with lime and dip into the Tajin powder. Pour the martini mixture and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail