If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The beautiful red bell is a delightful cocktail made at Manifesto, a modern day speakeasy in Kansas City, Missouri. It’s strong but not overpowering, naturally slightly sweet, and refreshingly light. I'm generally not a fan of gin, but I adore this drink.
While I’m not entirely sure this is exactly the same formula used at Manifesto, I can tell you it’s awfully close. You can read my full post about it at http://cookieandkate.com/2011/beautiful-red-bell-cocktail/. —Cookie and Kate
- small handfuls red bell pepper
- 5 sprigs basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1.5 ounces gin
- Slice 1/3 of a bell pepper into small strips, about two inches long.
- In a shaker, combine red pepper, 5 or 6 basil leaves and the juice of half a lime. Muddle thoroughly, until the red pepper is thoroughly smashed. It shouldn’t have any crunch left to it.
- Add gin and lots of ice. Shake like crazy.
- Strain and pour into a chilled martini glass. Fall in love with the beautiful red bell!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail