Author Notes: Caipiroska is a form of Caipirinha prepared with vodka instead of the usual cachaça. It grew in popularity when Cachaça wasn’t readily available outside Brazil.
The proper way to make Caipiroska is with limes but it has become quite popular with different tropical fruits and this is my favourite mix.
- Maria Teresa Jorge
- 1 cup vodka
- 4 pieces of pineapple (size of an ice-cube each)
- 1/2 mango peeled
- 2 passion fruits
- 1 lime cut in pieces
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Strain the passion fruit pulp and keep the seeds on the side.
- Process the pineapple, mango and passion fruit juice until you get a purée.
- Put 1 teaspoon of sugar in each glass, divide the lime in the glasses and crush, preferably with a clean mortar (this is the original technique used in Brazil and Portugal). Add the fruit purée and cachaça and stir well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add crushed ice, stir to melt the ice a little bit and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail