Author Notes: Ripe, sweet summer peaches make this drink seasonal and delicious! - Nat Klein
- 5 ripe peaches
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bottle champagne or other sparkling wine
- 8 ounces ginger ale
- 2 cups ice
- Blanch peaches by immersing into boiling water for 30 seconds. Immediately remove peaches and place in a bowl of ice water to cool. As soon as they are cool enough to handle, peel the peaches.
- Slice peeled peaches into a blender or food processor. Add sugar and ice. Blend until smooth. If necessary, add a little water to help it blend. You may also add more sugar if the peaches are especially tart.
- Divide the peach mixture among four wine glasses. Pour 2 ounces of ginger ale into each glass, then fill to the top with champagne.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail