If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: ....or a margarita mangosteen boba tea. This past year my students and I made several types of boba teas, from traditional Thai to those with exotic fruits, tea-based as well as milk-based. We preferred the black pearls for both flavor and looks in all our experiments. They are made with cassava root and sweet potato. For fun I wondered how boba pearls would be in a cocktail. They can add some drinking entertainment to a huge drink. You can make virgin versions experimenting with different fruit juices, too. - Sagegreen
The boba pearls for 6-10 drinks
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup Black boba tapioca pearls (for bubble tea)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Boil the water in a large pot. Stirring add the boba which should float. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Then let rest for 20 minutes. Check to see if the boba is soft enough. If not, cook for 5-10 minutes further, then let rest. In the warm summer these should cook pretty well without the second boil.
- Drain the boba and rinse with warm water. Place in a bowl with a cover.
- Boil the 2 cups of water. Add and dissolve the sugars to make a sugar syrup.
- Cover the cooled boba with the sugar syrup. Serve or refrigerate until ready to use. These should last this way for a few days before they turn too mushy.
The fruit tea drink
- 2 ounces cooked boba (stored in syrup)
- 6-8 ice cubes
- 3 ounces brewed green tea
- 1 ounce sweet lime juice (or Meyer lemon)
- 4 ounces mangosteen juice (or other tropical fruit juice you love)
- 1.5 ounces white tequila
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- lemon grass leaves or lemon verbena, divided leaves
- possible additional sweetener such as agave
- To a large glass add the boba pearls and ice cubes. Some folks like fewer bubbles while others want double. I think 2 oz. is a goodly amount to use in a large drink.
- In a cocktail shaker mix the tea, juice, tequila, Cointreau, and some bruised herb. Shake vigorously. Strain and pour into the glass. Taste for sweetness. Add some sweetener if you need it, such as agave. Garnish with fresh herb. Serve with an extra wide straw.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!