If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: No hopers, jokers and rogues unite. "We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes.... so raise a glass to all things past and celebrate how good it feels." Inspired by lyrics as well as an incredible blackberry sour last week at my favorite restaurant in Greenfield called Hope and Olive, I was inspired to make this drink. This is not your traditional whiskey sour, so please don't expect that profile. Instead here you create fresh cherry juice, sweeten it to taste with honey, brighten it with lemon juice, distinguish it with herb. and spike it with Maker's Mark. —Sagegreen
- at least 1/2 cups fresh, ripe, sweet red cherries (no pits or stems)
- 1 teaspoon honey, linden or acacia (to taste)
- sprigs of lemon verbena, pineapple sage or spearmint, divided
- 3/4 ounce sweet lime or Meyer lemon juice
- 1 ounce Maker's Mark (or Old Grand Dad)
- 4 brandied cherries, optional (but really nice)
- 4-6 ice cubes
- optional favorite water, flat or carbonated to top off for a tall drink
- In a cocktail shaker add the ripe cherries and honey. Stir these together to dissolve the honey. Then add most of the herb (reserving some for garnish), juice and bourbon. Muddle well. Cover and shake for a count of 10.
- Add ice to a glass with the brandied cherries, if you have them. Strain and pour the drink over the ice. Spoon some of the muddled cherries from the shaker into the drink (and use the others up in some creative way). Garnish with your choice of herb. For a larger drink use a bigger glass and top off with your favorite chilled water.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.