If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Several years ago we were very virtuously abstaining from alcohol during Ramadan, but drinking lots of Rooh Afza (a rose flavored, non-alcoholic drink). After the month was over I somewhat wickedly started making Rooh Afza cocktails - but this one is too floral and fruity and pink and pretty to be that wicked. - witchykitchen - witchykitchen
Food52 Review: This is a girls’ weekend kind of a cocktail. It’s shockingly pink, bubbly and fun. But gentlemen, do not be afraid, I served these as the aperitif at a party and everyone was charmed by them. Compared to other Champagne cocktails, it's a nice change from a Bellini and it’s not going to put you under like a French 75. The color is deceiving, so pink I half expected it to be sweet but witchykitchen’s proportions are spot on; the lemon provides zing and the hint of rose hovers mysteriously in the background. I found the Rooh Afza in a grocery store that specializes in Indian and Pakistani foods and it's available online. I followed the directions and ingredients exactly as listed except I used a large strip of lemon zest instead of a lemon slice. - Summer of Eggplant - Summer of Eggplant
Rose and lemon simple syrup
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Rooh Afza syrup (Hamdard brand)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rose water
- 2 tablespoons rose and lemon simple syrup
- 1 cup dry champagne
- thinly sliced lemon to garnish
- For the simple syrup: combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and gently stir to dissolve all sugar. Allow to cool, strain, and chill.
- Put two tablespoons of the simple syrup in a glass, and top with champagne. Garnish with lemon slices and sip prettily.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
Chop to It
Salad with one rule: chop it real good.
Let's get chopping.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
Rock the roast.
This is poppin'.