If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's a colorful and refreshing long drink. —Heaven On Hearth
- 2 ounces white rum
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 tablespoons minty mint flavored simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon very berry blueberry flavored simple syrup
- 2 ounces club soda
- 5 leaves of mint and 1 sprig for decoration
- 8 to 10 blueberries
- In a long glass, squeeze juice of ½ lime, 2 tablespoons of minty mint flavored simple syrup, 1 tablespoon of very berry blueberry flavored simple syrup along with 5 mint leaves and about 5 blueberries and muddle until the mint leaves are bruised and the blueberries are a bit crushed.
- Pour 2 ounces of rum into the glass, fill with ice cubes, top with 2 ounces of soda and the remaining blueberries and stir. Add a sprig of mint as a decoration.
Minty Mint Simple Syrup & Very Berry Blueberry Simple Syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup blue berries, crushed
- Bring 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to a boil. Stir to ensure that all the sugar has melted. Remove from the heat and add 1 cup of mint leaves. I also like to add the stems, since they too have so many flavors. Let steep for another 10 minutes before straining, then just leave to cool. When cooled, pour in a glass bottle and keep refrigerated. This makes 1 cup of minty simple syrup.
- Bring 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to a boil. Stir to ensure that all the sugar has melted. Add ½ cup blueberries that you crush before adding to the boiling syrup. Boil for another 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and leave in the hot liquid for another 5 minutes before straining, then just leave to cool. When cooled, pour in a glass bottle and keep refrigerated. This makes 1 cup of very berry blueberry simple syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.