If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'd been experimenting with Moroccan seasonings and discovered Charmoula. I thought it would make a tasty marinade for beef -- and it did. I also use it for lamb and chicken. Sometimes I add Charmoula to mayonnaise for sandwiches. Flank steak is among our favorites because it is lean and quick to cook, so it really goes hand in hand with Charmoula. - RonnieVFein
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt to taste
- 2 pounds flank steak, approximate
- Preheat the oven broiler or outdoor grill with the grid about 4-6 inches from the heat. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, parsley and cilantro. Mix well. Stir in the lemon juice. Add the olive oil gradually, beating it into the other ingredients. Taste for seasoning and add salt to taste. Coat the meat on both sides with the seasoning mixture. Let marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Broil or grill the meat for about 4 minutes per side or until cooked to the desired doneness.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Flank Steak