If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a stovetop variation of the standard roasted brussel sprouts recipes. This method for cooking the brussel sprouts allows them to remain vibrant green as well as keep a fresh flavor and texture. This is a great fall side dish for any roasted meat. —Tony S
- 2 pounds Brussel Sprouts (halved from the top through the stem)
- 4 Thinly Sliced Cloves Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Toasted Pine Nuts (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- In a 12 inch heavy bottom saute pan (not nonstick), melt butter with olive oil over medium/low heat.
- Add sliced garlic and saute until brown and crisp. Remove garlic and reserve.
- Turn heat to low and place brussel sprouts cut side down in the pan. Do not worry about crowding pan, the most important thing is to make sure the cut side of the sprout is in contact with the pan.
- Cook undisturbed for 10-15 minutes or until brussel sprouts are well caramelized. If the pan is dry, add more olive oil.
- Remove sprouts to a warm serving dish and toss with garlic slices, pine nuts (if using), and salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts