If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: I have no idea where this recipe came from, got it from my daughter, early 90's. The marinade makes enough for two or three sliced flank steaks. I've tried marinating a whole flank steak, but much prefer the grilled over high heat slices.
I have a friend that tasted the steak and said"I just want to suck the juice out of it". - ibbeachnana
Makes enough marinade for three steaks
- 2-3 Flank Steaks, sliced thick
- 1/1/2 cup oil at least half olive oil mixed with canola or whatever you prefer
- 3/4 cups low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Coleman's dry mustard
- 1/2 cup Wine vinegar, white or red, and I have used 1/2 balsamic to the white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice and a splash of Key lime juice
- 3 fat cloves of garlic, ninced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry parsley, a little fresh is nice also
- 3/4 tablespoons tablespoon white pepper
- 3/4 tablespoons black pepper
- a sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Blend all of the marinade ingredients and pour over steak strips in a large sealed container, marinate for at least 8 hours, turning often. Grill strips over hot coals or high heat gas grill. I sometimes use a saved food sealer bag, resealed and easily turned to distribute the marinade.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Flank Steak