If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My cousin used to do the same thing with chicken so I adapted it for beef. The flank steak is hot-smoked in an electric water smoker. Please follow the directions of your particular smoker when cooking the meat. —kpfears
Serves 4 - 6
- 2 pounds organic, grass-fed flank steak
- 1 1/2 cups Full Sugar Coca-Cola™ (not the one with HFCS)
- 1 cup organic Japanese shoyu
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- grated ginger, to taste
- fresh ground white pepper, to taste
- Mix together Coke™, shoyu, garlic and ginger in a Ziploc bag. Add trimmed flank steak and marinate overnight. Soak about 10 to 15 chunks (not chips) of mesquite wood in water overnight, as well (I bought a bag of mesquite chunks from Walmart).
- The next day, place soaked chunks of mesquite into bottom of electric water smoker, add water to bowl and turn on or follow the directions of your particular smoker. When smoke is visible, remove flank steak from marinade and place on rack within the smoker. Add white pepper to top of flank steak.
- Cover and let smoke/cook for about five hours or, until an instant-read digital thermometer reads 160º F internal temperature for well-done. Add soaked mesquite chunks, as needed. Meat should be covered with a beautiful, caramelized glaze. Remove and let meat sit for about 15 minutes under an aluminum foil tent. Slice thin and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Flank Steak
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.