Author Notes: I found this super easy and perfectly proportioned iced tea recipe a few years back in a local lifestyle magazine and I've used it exclusively ever since. It really is fool proof and so refreshing on a hot summer day like today.
When I first made it, I wondered how 3 teabags could stand up to 8 cups of water, but somehow the flavor really comes through.
Obviously you can adjust the sugar and lemon measurements to your liking, but I am giving it to you as it was published.
Everyone loves it, so make up extra copies of the recipe to give to your friends! - JulieBee
Makes 8 cups
- 8 cups Water
- 3 Orange pekoe tea bags
- 3/4 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- In a large saucepan heat water to a rapid boil. Remove from heat and add the teabags (I really like PG Tips brand).
- Cover pan and let steep for 1 hour.
- In a large glass pitcher combine steeped tea and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves. Next, stir in lemon juice.
- Refrigerate until nice and cold. Pour over ice and add lemon wedges for a beautiful garnish.