If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here is a great idea for leftover brown rice and black beans. Brighten them withe fresh mango. —Sagegreen
Makes @ 3 cups
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (medium or long grain)
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2/3 cup fresh, diced mango
- pinches pink Himalayan or kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed pink and black peppercorns
- 1/3 cup minced parsley, mint and chives (equal amounts of each)
- 1 fresh lime
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- @ 1/4 cups EVOO
- In a bowl toss the rice and black beans so they are evenly distributed.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl add the mango. Salt and pepper these. Let this sit for a few minutes while you prepare the liquid measures.
- Squeeze the juice of the lime over the mango. Add the herbs. Toss. Then add this mix to the rice and beans. Stir in the vinegar. Drizzle in the olive oil. Toss. Chill. Serve cold or room temperature.
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
A can-do tool.