If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Last weekend I bought wonderful apricots at a local orchard. I wanted to do something special yet not overly complicated with them. - The Honey Parfait is one of my staples to go with warm apple pie or pear cake. I often make it on short notice when I forgot to put the ice-cream maker bowl in the freezer. —MyGardenersTable
- 1 pound pound apricots of even size
- ¾ cups amaretto liqueur
- 2 very fresh large eggs
- ¾ cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup dark honey (I use buckwheat)
- Wash, half and pit the apricots.
- Pour the amaretto in a pan that is large enough to fit all the apricots in one layer. Bring to a simmer.
- Place the apricots in the pan skin side down. Cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes, then turn them over once and simmer 3-5 minutes cut side down. The apricots should be turning just soft but nowhere near falling apart, so if your apricots are very ripe, reduce the cooking time. Carefully transfer to a platter in one layer.
- Boil down the amaretto in the pan to thick syrup, about 3-5 minutes. Strain through a sieve and pour over the apricots. Let cool and cover with plastic foil.
- For the parfait, separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites until they stand in stiff peaks.
- Whip the cream with an electric mixer in a separate bowl. Refrigerate egg whites and whipped cream. Place the freezing container in which you plan to fill the parfait in the freezer.
- Beat the egg yolks with the honey in a double boiler, whisking constantly, until the mixture foams and thickens. Place over a bowl of ice water and cool, whisking constantly.
- Transfer the cooled mixture into a large bowl using a spatula. Add the whipped cream and beat very briefly with the electric mixer, just until the honey mixture is combined with the whipped cream. Then, fold in the stiff egg whites by hand until fully incorporated. Try not to overmix, otherwise the parfait will lose its light texture.
- Fill into the pre-cooled freezing container and cover with the lid. Freeze until firm but not frozen solid, about 4 hours.
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.