If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I bought a Charbroil/SRG a few years ago and so versatile and easy for me to use. Last night I smoke-grilled a nice porcini salt rubbed flank steak using my own blend of porcini salt and deep red marinade of reduced red wine and pomegranate juice, served with browned bourbon mushrooms.
Very good with Gorgonzola Porcini Mushroom Sauce —ibbeachnana
Makes 1 flank steak
Porcini salt of your choice
- 3 tablespoons or so for the dry rub
Marinade for flank steak
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- You can easily make your own version of porcini salt or buy one, no such luck here so I make my own adding a touch of my sausage seasoning blend, grated nutmeg, and freshly ground melange peppercorns.
- Reduce the wine and juice until you have about 1/2 cup, cool befog pouring over meat. Rub the dried off flank steak with about three tablespoons of the porcini salt, both sides. Place steak into a food storage bag, pour in marinade, seal and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Prepare your grill for smoking according to the instructions. I placed soaked cherry and apple wood chips in the Charbroil holder, cranked up the heat according to instructions and then grilled the steak over high heat for five minutes each side, allow to sit for 15 minutes before slicing on the diagonal.
Tags: Flank Steak for 4
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Flank Steak
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.