If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A whole bag of cooking pears lying about....a delicious maple vinagrette from A&M.....what to do but combine these in a delicious, refresing yet wamring salad of caramelised pan fried pears with toasted pecans on a bed of greens? Whether in a lunch box or as a side, this salad is sure to please - Kitchen Butterfly
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 (cooking) firm pear, sliced with skin on (quartering, remove core and slice)
- 10 pecans
- 1 cup/handful lettuce leaves, torn
- 1 spring onion, in rings
- 1/3 cup of chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped gouda/cheddar/edam cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt, black pepper, chilli flakes
- Heat up a griddle pan on medium heat
- Mix maple syrup and vinegar together in a large bowl and add pear slices, turning about to make sure they are well coated. Remove pear slices, reserving remaining marinade for the dressing
- Place pear slices in single layer on heated griddle pan and let one side brown - about a minute or two, flip to the other side and let that caramelise. After a minute, add the pecans, toss about and let cook for 30 seconds - a minute. Take off heat and transfer to a plate to cool.
- When pears are cool, Make dressing - using left marinade, add some chilli flakes and a pinch of salt. If you like, add some black pepper
- Assemble salad: Layer torn lettuce and sprinkle over cucumber and onions. Add cheese and parsley and then place pears and sprinkle pecans on. Enjoy
- Note: You can use any sort of cheese you like. You can also substitute walnuts for the pecans
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Salad
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Bake yourself breakfast.
Calling all recipe testers!